With the introduction of new Partial Synthetic SAE 5W-30 and SAE 60 engine oils recently added to the BRAD PENN® PENN GRADE 1® High Performance Oil line to fill a void in the market, we wanted to take a closer look at the applications for the various engine oil products available.
Specifically formulated using high quality PENN-GRADE base stocks and select additive technologies to meet the stringent lubricating demands of high performance, highly stressed, street and racing engines, both PENN-GRADE 1® Monograde and Multi-Grade High Performance Oils deliver excellent shock load and high temperature protection to heavily stressed engine parts including bearings, camshafts, rings, and pistons. These high performance formulations also posses good antifoaming and shear stability characteristics.
NOTICE: PENN GRADE 1® High Performance Oils contain high zinc and phosphorous additive concentrations which can be detrimental to cars and trucks with catalytic converters. Read more about zinc and phosphorous additives and ZDDP Lab results: BRAD PENN® PENN-GRADE 1® High Performance Oils. (opens in new window)
Visit the ARG website for information about BRAD PENN Synthetic Blend and Premium Passenger Car Motor Oils for vehicles with catalytic converters. Always consult your owner’s manual for proper oil selection.
Characteristics & Applications of BRAD PENN® PENN-GRADE 1® Monograde / Multi-Grade High Performance Oils
BRAD PENN® PENN-GRADE 1® Monograde and Multi-Grade High Performance Oils have a distinct green color and are available in four monograde and six multi-grade viscosities to meet virtually all lubricating requirements of high performance street and racing engines:
- BRAD PENN® PENN-GRADE 1® SAE 30 and 40 Monograde High Performance Oils offer a typical TBN of 9.5 and 10.6 (SAE 30). They are fortified with an anti-wear agent proven to be highly effective in the regime of extremely stressed engines.
- BRAD PENN® PENN-GRADE 1® SAE 50 and 60 Monograde High Performance Oils are suitable for use in gas, alocohol, and nitromethane fueled engines where these viscosities are desired. Additionally, the SAE 60 is ideally suited for the heavier viscosity lubrication needs of the early motorcycles / engines like Harley-Davidson Flathead, panhead, and others.
- BRAD PENN® PENN-GRADE 1® SAE 70 Monograde High Performance Oil are specifically formulated for gas, alocohol, and nitromethane fueled engines that experience extreme torque, load, and high temperature conditions.
- BRAD PENN® PENN-GRADE 1® Partial Synthetic SAE 0W-30 is a low viscosity oil tailored to maximize horsepower in engines that use this type of engine oil.
- BRAD PENN® PENN-GRADE 1® Partial Synthetic SAE 5W-30 is ideally suited in today’s street / racing market "crate engines" that require this viscosity. Both the 0W-30 and 5W-30 contain strong detergent, dispersant and ZDDP anti-wear additives to help protect critical engine parts.
- BRAD PENN® PENN-GRADE 1® Partial Synthetic SAE 10W-30, 10W-40, 15W-40 and SAE 20W-50 Multi-Grade High Performance Oils are formulated with a typical TBN 10 10.6 to provide a high level of detergency for protection against bearing corrosion and piston deposits in both turbocharged and non-turbocharged engines. These engine oils provide outstanding "heavy load" bearing protection on heavily stressed engine parts. The synthetic component of these oils enhances protection at both high and low temperature extremes.
Visit the BRAD PENN® High-Performance Oils & Lubricants page for more information about their complete product line available from Burke Petroleum.